Guppyfriend wash bags against microplastics in waste water
- Size: 50 x 74 cm
- Reduces microplastics in waste water to a minimum
- Tested and patented system
- Protects the laundry
- Made in Europe
Out of stock
At your home in 1-3 working days
Shipping in sustainable cardboard box
Serious instead of greenwashing
- THE BEST SOLUTION AGAINST MICROPLASTICS. Many garments are made partly or completely from synthetic fibres; especially for outdoor and rainwear, there is no alternative made from natural fibres. When these textiles are washed, synthetic fibres regularly break off and end up in the wastewater. This so-called microplastic is too small to be caught by the washing machine; sewage treatment plants are also unable to filter out the particles. The result: microplastics end up in rivers and eventually in the oceans.
Guppyfriend ensures on average 86% less fibre breakage in synthetic clothing. Your textiles can therefore be used for longer. The synthetic fibres that do break are collected and can then be easily disposed of.
- SUITABLE FOR ALL TYPES OF CLOTHING. The Guppyfriend laundry net not only catches microplastics, it starts before they even start: The fine fibres from which your clothes are made break much less often. The textiles can be used for much longer. This is not only true for synthetic fibres: Cotton or wool can also be washed more gently with Guppyfriend.
- HOW DO I USE THE GUPPYFRIEND WASH BAG? Fill your (synthetic) clothes into the laundry net before washing. It is best to leave about 1/3 free so that the textiles can continue to move. In addition to the wash bag, you should also wash non-synthetic clothes (or a second GUPPYFRIEND wash bag) so that there is no imbalance. Wash the clothes at max. 40°C with a liquid detergent. After use, simply take out the broken fibres and dispose of them in the residual waste.
- WHICH GARMENT IS SYNTHETIC? The sew-in reveals which garment was made from petroleum. Polyester, polyamide, polyacrylic, nylon, spandex - these are all names for various synthetic fibres. For these textiles, washing with GUPPYFRIEND makes particular sense.
- SCIENTIFICALLY TESTED. The GUPPYFRIEND laundry bag works - this has been tested by scientific institutes and universities, including the Fraunhofer Institute UMSICHT and the University of California in Santa Barbara. Result: The fibres were retained by more than 90 % - and in most cases by 100 % - in all tests.
- SUPPORTS THE NGO "STOP! MICRO WASTE!". GUPPYFRIEND uses its proceeds to support the non-profit organisation STOP! Micro Waste, which campaigns against plastic pollution in our oceans.
untreated polyamide 6.6
Size M: 50 x 74 cm
Your goods will be with you as soon as possible! 🙂
Orders are shipped directly the following day. Deutsche Post and DHL require one to two working days for shipping within Germany.
Although the GUPPYFRIEND wash bag is made of polyester, it does not shed microplastics itself. The yarn consists of a single strand of thread, which is round, smooth and particularly resistant to alkalis. This results in a very tough and stable fabric that does not rub off and is not affected by detergents, for example.
It is different with the yarns used for textiles. These usually consist of several strands of thread that are twisted together. During use and washing, the threads twist apart over time and rub off due to their rough surface. In the process, they lose the smallest microplastic fibers.
In order to enjoy your GUPPYFRIEND laundry bag for a long time, you should pay attention to the following things:
- Do not fill in sharp-edged objects
- Do not iron
- do not hang up / dry in direct sunlight
In order for the laundry net to fulfil its purpose, you should also ...
- ... do not rinse under running water (otherwise the fibres will get back into the waste water).
- ... do not use in the tumble dryer (the fibres can also come loose here).
The use is quite simple:
- Fill laundry net (max. 2/3)
- put them in the washing machine with other (non-synthethic) garments - this way you avoid an imbalance
- wash at max. 40°C and with liquid detergent
- After washing: Take out the collected fibres and dispose of them in the residual waste.